On The Kyle and Jackie O Show, 20th July, 2009, Kyle and Jackie staged a stunt where they flew a Cambodian woman, Dana Vann, who survived the atrocities of Pol Pot and who had settled in the U.S. to Australia to meet her niece for the first time. When she arrived, however, she was told she must stand behind one of three doors in the studio; if her niece selected the wrong door, she would have to leave the country without meeting her niece and fly directly back to the United States. Naturally, this upset the women. The following is an abridged transcript:
Kyle Sandilands: So she flies over here, 15 hours. She stands behind the door. If you pick the wrong door Dana gets back on the plane, flies home, 15 hours.
[Dana picks the wrong door; Kyle and Jackie return to normal programming for the next eight minutes while the women cry and beg the producers to reconsider while separated by soundproof glass]
Dana Vann [crying]: Please Kyle, I’m on my knees. Let me stay please…
Kyle Sandilands: There’s no need to get on your knees. Why is everyone blaming me as if this is my whole brainchild?
Dana Vann: … Please 2DayFM let me stay, please.
Jackie O: I think you can stay.
Kyle Sandilands: I’m sorry, crying women I can’t handle, come on in.
- kreedkafer reblogged this from kyleandkittens and added:
- lilxswissxmiss likes this
- hopeforthesunrise reblogged this from clownyprincess and added:
- evillordzog reblogged this from clownyprincess and added:
- ruxiecat121 likes this
- parisian-tiger reblogged this from clownyprincess and added:
- bubbybobble likes this
- clownyprincess reblogged this from kyleandkittens
- kyleandkittens posted this